Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cravings.....

Cravings.....

Ever since I returned from my recent trip, I have been restless, I find am craving something....food, the past, friends, a purpose, something....or Someone....

Like the Israelites wandering on the desert, sometimes they complained of the food, the comforts.....they wanted to go back to what they knew...they had a place, even though they were enslaved...they knew what each day would bring...they didn't like the "uncertainty",  the cloud following, this was all new to them....

These past two years, so many changes, everything new,.... new roles, new home, new community, new..new..new...I liked being a wife, I liked having parents, I liked my old home, I liked having friends....then boom..it all changed..

It's not that I don't like the "now", but I liked the "then", too....change means growing...but so much all at one time?  I have repeatedly been reminded...when I am willing to listen...of this verse
"Philippians 1:6, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

I don't want to put God to the test, nor give in nor be a sluggard,....nor be in misery...but seek His face...rest in Him...desire growing up....be grateful...be giving....not craving what is not to be....

Thank YOU, for the changes....lead me to the new land...the new life...the fulfilling life in YOU...that I will be complete in YOU.....forgive me for looking back longingly...help me to look forward, seeking YOU....

Job 20:20 “Surely he will have no respite from his craving; he cannot save himself by his treasure.

Psalm 10:3 He boasts about the cravings of his heart; he blesses the greedy and reviles the Lord.

Psalm 106:14 In the desert they gave in to their craving; in the wilderness they put God to the test.

Proverbs 10:3 The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked.

Proverbs 21:25 The craving of a sluggard will be the death of him, because his hands refuse to work.

Ephesians 2:3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of ourflesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

Proverbs21:26 All day long he craves for more, but the righteous give without sparing.

Proverbs 23:3 Do not crave his delicacies, for that food is deceptive.

Micah 7:1 [ Israel’s Misery ] What misery is mine! I am like one who gathers summer fruit at the gleaning of the vineyard; there is no cluster of grapes to eat, none of the early figs that I crave.

1 Peter 2:2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,



Jesus calling-July 8

When you seek My Face, put aside thoughts of everything else. I am above all, as well as in all; your communion with Me transcends both time and circumstances. Be prepared to be blessed bountifully by My Presence, for I am a God of unlimited abundance. Open wide your heart and mind to receive more and more of Me. When your Joy in Me meets My Joy in you, there are fireworks of heavenly ecstasy. This is eternal life here and now: a tiny foretaste of what awaits you in the life to come. Now you see only a poor reflection as in a mirror, but then you will see face to Face.

“I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.”
—John 15:11

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
—1 Corinthians 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment