Thursday, December 19, 2013

Weight...weight...and weight...

Weight.....weight...and weight....

It seems for me, weight has always been an issue.  I grew up with Barbie....but I wasn't her shape or size.  I was always taller than my family and felt like an Amazon woman compared to them...even though,  in looking back we were similar...I always and still do see myself a big person when I look into a mirror.  Sometimes it is an illusion and other times, not....

For years, I have self talked the whole psalm 139 verses, "fearfully and wonderfully made" ....but my mind still wanders back to the feeling and reality of being overweight...

My father,. for all of my life, only commented on weight when I or my mother were pencil thin...so my message from him, was that thinness was the only way to get positive comments.....and he himself was obsessed with his size and never gained weight.....
I know that I feel better when I am weigh what I should.   And I don't know that is real or just in my mind....this verse sums it up. Two differing weights...in my mind, one heavy and one light...which one is the correct one???

Deuteronomy 25:13
Do not have two differing weights in your bag—one heavy, one light.

the magazines sell it, tv sells it, it is all around....everywhere....so I know I am not alone on this....part of life....

So what is true and what is helpful for each of us.  That is what we,with Gods help, have to determine for ourselves, not others ...what is God saying to me, personally....where is my balance...what are my instructions....without the baggage....without the worldly influence....and He cares...godliness.....and in eternity it doesn't matter...but what is the good witness.....what is important....lies or truth....consistency or haphazard...

Father, YOU know my inmost being....my inmost thoughts...teach me...lead me...to Your truths for my life, not looking around at others' stories or paths...on any subject....
Thank YOU...for caring about everything....


1 Timothy 4:7-9
New International Version (NIV)
7 Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. 8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. 9 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance.

1 Samuel 4:18
When he mentioned the ark of God, Eli fell backward off his chair by the side of the gate. His neck was broken and he died, for he was an old man, and he was heavy. He had led Israel forty years.

Judges 3:15 Again the Israelites cried out to the Lord, and he gave them a deliverer—Ehud, a left-handed man, the son of Gera the Benjamite. The Israelites sent him with tribute to Eglon king of Moab. 16 Now Ehud  had made a double-edged sword about a cubit long, which he strapped to his right thigh under his clothing. 17 He presented the tribute to Eglon king of Moab, who was a very fat man. 18 After Ehud had presented the tribute, he sent on their way those who had carried it. 19 But on reaching the stone images near Gilgal he himself went back to Eglon and said, “Your Majesty, I have a secret message for you.”

The king said to his attendants, “Leave us!” And they all left.

20 Ehud then approached him while he was sitting alone in the upper room of his palace and said, “I have a message from God for you.” As the king rose from his seat, 21 Ehud reached with his left hand, drew the sword from his right thigh and plunged it into the king’s belly. 22 Even the handle sank in after the blade, and his bowels discharged. Ehud did not pull the sword out, and the fat closed in over it. 23 Then Ehud went out to the porch[f]; he shut the doors of the upper room behind him and locked them.



No comments:

Post a Comment