Saturday, December 7, 2013

Fall trip


Fall trip...collage...

Last fall, four of us took a trip along the eastern seaboard of the US...seems like eons ago.....
I started a little early and visited my son and his family in TN.  Then met another friend to go to a conference at Gettysburg.....have you ever watched the movie, Gettysburg?
It is well,worth it...standing the higher ground...and keeping the hill...

I asked God to show me a lesson each day and He did.   It was amazing...our family had gone through so many changes and I needed help and wisdom  for then and the days ahead....

Family....we were all grieving at different paces, different ways, just differently and we had and have to encourage one another as well as give space for that grieving....

Gettysburg....the whole battle it seemed was for a little hill, but the higher ground...standing firm in God's convictions, HIs word, no matter what...seeking that higher ground in our lives...seeking after God in all things...He is the higher ground....

From all these days of  learning, I put together this collage...some days had visual rememberences and others, did not...

The light house...there are two,, one a painting...reminded me of my mother, who loved to paint and taught painting until about two weeks before she passed away.  But a
Light house...we are to be beacons of light to show others the true light of
Christ.  Even when we don't want like being a beacon, we are...I didn't like grieving, I didn't like the situation,  but I was ....was I being a light?  Was I showing light to my family? Others? There are storms in life and we have a light to show us the way....

Shells, shells, shells, walking along any beach I could, picking up pieces of life...beach glass, battered, smooth, soft, not rough around the edges, colorful...God is shaping, softening, smoothing out the rough edges, even using the various colors, differences to be picked up by others and enjoyed...we all have a purpose, even broken...

The partially carved seahorse.....a man was sitting at a picnic table roughly carving driftwood that he had picked along the ocean...something's were finished and I asked him if he would sell the one on which he was working....sure,....it reminded me that God is still at work ....He is still carving, shaping my life to His specifications ....I am still u finished until such time that He takes me home...I am in the beach of life, waiting, being shaped by all the events that come...still a work in progress ......

Another day, we took a schooner, the captain explained about the raising of the sails and how they catch the wind....look up, it seemed to be saying , set your course,,,catch that wind of Gods word...for He is the captain, the wind, the course....

Further along on the trip, we were hut by a storm, icy, windy, gale force winds....couldn't see land, couldn't walk on the deck, had to hold onto walls to keep upright...reminded me of the disciples on the stormy sea...don't be afraid!!!! And we slept....sailing into the St. Laurence seaway....calmness ahead,....just waiting....

Finally coming to the end city....shining in the sunset...the windows reflecting the golden sunset...so sparkling .....glowing .....that we could hardly wait to see it...home port...castles...solid...prepared for us....


Lessons along the way....of the voyage, life,....all pointing toward
God....and his desire for us to learn of Him....

Thank you for the reminders, the voyages...life...when we look and ask, You show and answer....



No comments:

Post a Comment