Monday, December 30, 2013

Rainbows....

Rainbows......

I try to take pictures of rainbows when I get a chance.....all though they can pretty quick and illusive....they have happened at different junctures of life when I needed a sign that He indeed does keep his promises ....

Driving down the road, sobbing over two of our children's pain....wondering how it was going to get "fixed" and they were going to feel whole again ....

Or  watching the nearby mountains, wondering how our family was going to make it through the cancer diagnosis......

Or watching at the stern of a boat, watching the past flow away, moving toward the front, heading into the future .....

On top of a mountain, clouds moving in and out, changing....life changes .....

Plus so many more.....all had significant rainbows of reminders to me that God is still working.....He keeps his promises...He cares...

I didn't get pictures of some on film, but each one is embedded in my mind as memorable moments....

 I know God doesn't have to give rainbows/signs to fulfill those promises and he doesn't most of the time....but they sure spectacular when He does...I enjoy them...but he remembers to keep His promises all the time, that is what is important..

He must enjoy color....as I can imagine being everywhere, He can see rainbows all the time....because there is light, and moisture somewhere in the skies around the earth all the time....millions of prisms of light for someone to see , somewhere, to be a sign at any given time when they need it to feed their souls with promise and beauty....

There are six references to rainbows In the BIble....three when God is talking about  sign of the rainbow to Noah, two about the appearance / likeness around God and one about the appearance of an angel....

Genesis 9:13
I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

Genesis 9:14
Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds,

Genesis 9:16
Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

Ezekiel 1:28
Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

Revelation 4:3
And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and ruby. A rainbow that shone like an emerald encircled the throne.

Revelation 10:1
[ The Angel and the Little Scroll ] Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven. He was robed in a cloud, with a rainbow above his head; his face was like the sun, and his legs were like fiery pillars.


Thank YOU! for the beauty of Your rainbows...the promises of which they remind us....

No comments:

Post a Comment