Monday, December 16, 2013

Coming home....

Coming Home.....

It seems like we are on the road a lot....so it is nice to arrive home, especially after a long absence or moving, visiting others, being in the hospital or wherever we are....

Coming home has a nice ring to it....even with laundry to do, bills to pay or catch up of any kind...we have our own bed, pillow, comfort zone...we can wander around in our pjs if we want, or get food when we want it, sit in our favorite chair...home....

All of my children have remodeled, repainted, built, and/or moved this last year...a state of flux......so being home feels good ......

Or there have been deaths which took loved ones to their ultimate home, heaven...a place prepared especially for each of us.....I have to admit, right at this moment, place and time...I am enjoying being with family here but have so many friends and family there, it is a toss up, which place I want to be....both are real...both have a draw...

I think of Mary and Joseph this time of year, traveling, finding no place to stay at the inn, pregnant, walking, or riding...tired, wanting a place to rest, dusty, obeying the rule of the land, but fulfilling prophecy,....arriving at a barn ...not home...no luxuries, animals, hay, dust, possible rodents, but sheltered......common...poor...and then birth of a holy baby....in this "rustic" place...the king of kings in a stable...not even on our radar....no, this should be in a clean, sterile, fancy place....where kings are waited upon, ...served...
But He came to serve, seek and save.....

He later said, I have no where to lay my head....no home here on earth...His is a kingly home.....heaven..or the Holy Spirit resides in us, temples....am I keeping that home clean? Is He comfortable there???

Thank You that You are preparing a heavenly home, that you have provided an earthly home as well.   You have provided so much....and You desire that we dwell in You...no matter where we are.....

Joshua 22:6
Then Joshua blessed them and sent them away, and they went to their homes.

Proverbs 3:33b
...., but he blesses the home of the righteous.

Isaiah 32:18
My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.

Matthew 1:20
But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

John 14:23
Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

2 Corinthians 5:6
Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:9
So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.













No comments:

Post a Comment