Friday, December 13, 2013

2013, another year of transitions...



2013, another year of transitions……
I think this year I have all been trying to get my feet of the ground and think more clearly…working through my attitude, moving forward in life….
Several of us took grief classes or support groups…it was helpful in talking through grief, seeing our  way out of the jungle of grief and that there really is light out there…
I went to New Zealand and Australia with family...we arrived at different times and took different parts of the trip.  Don and I had planned to see these countries two different times and I decided I still wanted to see them.. so did it…  Lots of miles covered and lots of things seen.  Was wonderful...but came home to rest!
The beginning of June, saw us sorting through the thousands of pieces of papers, Don had accumulated in our 40 years of business in NV.  Had a huge shredding pile, dump pile and some file cabinets to move here to Bend.  God’s timing was wonderful, as I needed part of the storage unit for my Father’s things as well…
Later, in June, all our children and families were here for a get together other than a funeral.. . was fun and good for all.  My father arrived that same weekend as well…So we all got to enjoy him as a family.  He stayed and went into hospice care and passed away here in Bend, the end of July…His memorial service was the end of August in Fortuna, CA.  So now, I am working on his estate as well as ours… It is slowing down and getting done piece by piece…
 For some reason, this year has been a building, remodeling or updating for every one of the families.  All look so good, refreshed, finished…
My grandchildren are growing like weeds…Jared finally topped me with height and is going with Teen Missions to Finland this summer…just seems like yesterday his father approached us about Australia…Emily is swimming… Ethan is diligently working through school and boy scouts…Kase had a pig at the fair with 4H…Digeo is talking…Natalie is running and Caitlin is growing….Russ and Lori, homeschooling and parenting pre-teens and a teenagers…Mary and Dustin, ranching in eastern Oregon….Amy and Nathan, working and going to Flight school….Matt and Melodie, parenting toddlers, moving west….
I just went to Maui for a wedding in November.  Was such fun to see this couple get married at a plantation in Hawaii.  My big travel adventure without family…
I have enjoyed writing this year and actually have a blog…suzi775.blogspot.com, it has helped me get out my words…each day…encouraging to me and maybe others…
I want to tell  you all that you each mean so much to our family this year and in years past….We are all thankful for your parts in our lives…God has chosen you especially to be there and us for you as well….thank you so much…
Enjoy the Joy of Christmas through the Savior’s birth celebration…Make it meaningful…
In Him,



Suzi Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment