Sunday, December 8, 2013

Fall trip, part two....


Fall trip,  part two.....

Yesterday, I had to write about my fall trip last year.  There is more to it...so am doing a part two....as I watched the tree lighting show on tv last night at Rockefeller center...So many good singers...but my favorite one was the one who starred in the  "sound of music" earlier this week, singing, "Climb every Mountain"... What a beautiful voice...and as the people were panned with the cameras, you could see the dreams on the faces of those people listening....climbing, searching, achieving.....hope...

In reading my notes about the trip, I wrote that the  theme seemed to be Care and Courage during these times of change....and finding new ground of who I am as a widow and now an orphan...or the matriarch on one side of my family...of my generation.... Hope...

I want the daily strengthening of Gods word, His manna....care for each day as it comes...lesson learned daily..hope...

We spent some time in New York City, Manhattan....taking tours of Rockefeller center, the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis island, the town and the 911 site, plus others....reminded me of Nehemiah, with ideas planted by God, courage to fulfilled them, a vision of better things, accomplishments, teamwork ...remaining faithful to a call....hope...

Quotes from notes...

From my devotional books along the trip
"The   Lord's ways aren't always immediately clear to us...we need to trust...God will make it right...."

"God never asks anything of us that He doesn't give us sufficient strength to do...and He never ever asks us unless  it is for our own good"

"You have been on a long uphill journey and your energy is almost spent...as you open up to me, I will put my thoughts in your mind and My song in your heart"

The final city, Quebec City, was a place of spires, leading the eye heavenward...to God...for His inspiration....hope...

Thank You that your hope is written in so many dreams, pictures, life itself...and that YOU remind us...in so many ways...


Matthew 12:21
In his name the nations will put their hope.”

Acts 2:26
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest in hope,

Romans 5:3-5
3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Romans 12:11-13
11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor,  serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

"Hope means more than a vague wish that something will happen. It is a sure and confident expectation in God’s future faithfulness and presence. The horizon of Christian hope extends beyond death into an eternity prepared by God himself, the reality of which is guaranteed by Jesus Christ."


No comments:

Post a Comment