Thursday, December 12, 2013

Anxiousness...mindfulness

Anxiousness......mindfulness ......

In church the other day, the pastor spoke of mindful ...."attentive,heedful." how God is mindful of us, how he considers us.  He knows us and thinks about me....and everyone..personally...

As opposed to anxiousness....for which I am guilty of...I want that mindfulness .....I want Him to think of me and me to be fully attuned to Him...

But I have to admit,I have been anxious...I don't want to be...but lately, I am again...
"anxious

Uneasy and apprehensive about an uncertain event or matter; worried.
Attended with, showing, or causing anxiety.
spent an anxious night waiting for the test results.
Eagerly or earnestly desirous."

How do I manifest my anxiousness, .....eating anything and everything, headaches, restlessness, lack of focus, worry over the future, withdrawal,.....I go back and forth between mindful and anxiousness....I admit it.....I want that pondering, attentive attitude and am striving for that, with its peaceful lifestyle, but fall easily into the anxiousness....I want things all cut and dried, quick , neat solutions for everything, with no work....as I lay awake, I revert back and forth..praying, thanking, the worrying, anxious.....hoping that the answers would be forthcoming....

Am I the inky one like this????   I think not....otherwise the verses would not be there for the learning....mindfully seeking, rather than anxiously worrying....

Thank You for being in the night watches, reminding me that you do think of me, care for me...even in my anxiety...my humanness...help me to go quickly to you...not creating more anxiety by time afar....

Psalm 139:23
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

Ecclesiastes 2:22
What do people get for all the toil and anxious striving with which they labor under the sun?

Luke 2:48
When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, “Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you...

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God...

Psalm 8:4
what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?

Psalm 26:3
for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

Luke 1:48
for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed,

Hebrews 2:6
But there is a place where someone has testified: “What is mankind that you are mindful of them, a son of man that you care for him?

Matthew 10:31
So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.






No comments:

Post a Comment