Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Headlines and humor .....

Headlines....and laughter


These were two headlines yesterday that caught my attention...just had to chuckle....

"Spotted frog meetings set"....I wondered how many would attend..or which of them could read about the meetings

"Snake river wolf pack near its limit of livestock attacks"....wondered if they knew the limit or who was counting....had there been a sign saying...".this your limit"....

Sometimes I feel guilty with laughter.....I don't mean any disrespect to anyone..should I be laughing so soon after deaths of loved ones....should I be in mourning all the time...and it feels good to laugh....there is a cleansing somehow to be able to laugh.....

Laughter is thought to be healthy and there are whole ways for its use in healing....

"laughter therapy, which relies on various techniques designed to produce laughter. Laughter is believed to be beneficial to patients because it reduces anxiety and stress, renders pain manageable and bolsters the immune system."

"Humor therapy" under the American Cancer society or books like "humor, the best medicine"

Readers digest has special issues  just for humor, pages for all kinds of humor....I remember getting the magazine and going directly to those pages....(my grandmother always went to the word meanings pages first)

There are comedy shows on TV...YouTube....night clubs....we went to one in Hawaii...a family place with comedy magicians......so good....good for the heart and soul....comic pages in the newspapers......comic books...

And there are times when laughter is inappropriate.....foolish laughter....but I am talking about fun laughter ....at the right times about the right things....,

I know that both my dad and my husband loved laughter...they could tell good stories, loved fun...there are times, I wish I share a funny story with them, am caught, realizing I can't .....but then think....they would have  loved it anyway...and laughed as well....so it is okay to laugh, neither one would begrudge the humor or the laughter...they enjoyed life....


Thank YOU for laughter at the right times, at the right things....you have given us emotions and You even laugh, the Bible says...and I know You must have a sense of humor for all the things You see, and hear us do...


Luke 6:21
Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh

Ecclesiastes 10:19a
A feast is made for laughter, .....

Genesis 21:6
Sarah said, “God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.”

Job 8:21
He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.

Job 39:18
Yet when she spreads her feathers to run, she laughs at horse and rider.

(Even this verse in Job 39...it is about ostriches....they are not too smart, but they can run fast)

Psalm 126:2
Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.”

Proverbs 14:13
Even in laughter the heart may ache, and rejoicing may end in grief.

Proverbs 31:25
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.

Ecclesiastes 3:4
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,

Baby laughter....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=055ZA5kGfAs&feature=plpp&p=PL3D6863FB13AB8900









No comments:

Post a Comment