Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Verses of comforting….

 Verses of comforting…


I have read the book of Psalms over and over in various seasons of my life…they are convicting, comforting…they are filled with real life agonies, real life triumphs, real life failings, real life groanings….real life…how the psalmists met God through various trials…how God was glorified through real life…


I read them to my husband as his cancer took more and more of him…crying aloud to God as the psalmist did…knowing that He heard…


Now, I do the same for others and myself as we meet our “foes” , those enemies who confront us…whether health, hardships which come in real life…I need to remember God ‘s faithfulness in times past…


So I have been collecting verses of comfort, again…


Thank YOU…..


I cry aloud to God,aloud to God, and he will hear me. 

In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord;

in the night my hand is stretched out without wearying;

my soul refuses to be comforted. 

When I remember God, I moan;

when I meditate, my spirit faints. Selah 

I said, “Let me remember my song in the night;

let me meditate in my heart.”

Then my spirit made a diligent search: 

I will remember the deeds of the Lord;

yes, I will remember your wonders of old. 

I will ponder all your work,and meditate on your mighty deeds. 

You are the God who works wonders;

you have made known your might among the peoples.

Ps.77.1-3, Ps.77.6,Ps.77.11-12, Ps.77.14


 Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. 

They are new every morning;great is your faithfulness. 

I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;therefore I will wait for him.” 

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,to the one who seeks him; 

it is good to wait quietlyfor the salvation of the Lord.

Lam.3.21-26 NIV


This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast.
Hebrews 6:19


Hebrews 13:15   NIV.....Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the fruit of lips that confess his name. 


“We have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding” (Colossians 1:9b BSB).



Give me faith…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwmZCPRyTps

No comments:

Post a Comment