Thursday, May 16, 2024

I AM….a few…

 I Am….a few…


A few “ I am “ verses out of many…as I was reading in the book of John, I found them, of course, but looked back to a few in the Old Testament…what did God say about himself…a shield, reward, a mover of people, a giver of promises…


Jesus called himself “I Am “ as well, both in description and God…


The Word is whole and true, threads running throughout from the beginning to end…


Thank YOU…


 After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great.” 

And he said to him, “I am the Lord who brought you out from Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land to possess.”

Gen.15.1,7


 When Abram was ninety-nine years old the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless,

Gen.17.1


 And the Lord appeared to him the same night and said, “I am the God of Abraham your father. Fear not, for I am with you and will bless you and multiply your offspring for my servant Abraham's sake.”

Gen.26.24


  And God said to him, “I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply. A nation and a company of nations shall come from you, and kings shall come from your own body.

Gen.35.11


 Then he said, “I am God, the God of your father. Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for there I will make you into a great nation.

Gen.46.3


 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

Exod.3.14


 God spoke to Moses and said to him, “I am the Lord. 

Say therefore to the people of Israel, ‘I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from slavery to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great acts of judgment.

Exod.6.2,6


  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Matt.11.29


 For who is the greater, one who reclines at table or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at table? But I am among you as the one who serves.

 Luke.22.27


 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.” Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.

John.4.25-26


 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. 

Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 

I am the bread of life. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. 

Whoever eats this bread will live forever. 

This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

John.6.35,John.6.48,John.6.51,John.6.68,69


 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. 

Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” 

I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.” 

But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 

While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

John.8.12,John.8.18,John.8.23,John.8.58,John.9.5


 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 

“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 

what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? 

Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s John.10.7,John.10.11,John.10.14,John.10.36


 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

John.11.25,John.11.26


 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”

 “I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.

John.12.32,John.13.19


 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. 

From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” 

Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. “

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

John.14.6-7John.14.11,John.14.20,John.15.1,John.15.5


Light of the World…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ZpCUjQljU

No comments:

Post a Comment