Friday, May 3, 2024

Rejoicing…

 Rejoicing…..


Luke 15 is about rejoicing when the lost is found or comes home….the lost sheep…the lost coin….the prodigal son….repentance….


When each of my children accepted Jesus as their Savior, it was a red letter day…a day of rejoicing….then as they grew and had children of their own who in time followed suit and asked Jesus to be their Savior as well…it was a super red letter day…knowing that another generation would all rejoice in that same salvation…it was not always an easy journey, no…there were valleys of learning, pain…but, there were mountain tops as well….anxious times followed by rejoicing….


Thank YOU…..


 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. 


And when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Luke.15.6-7,Luke.15.9-10


 And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ 

But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate. For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.’ And they began to celebrate. 

And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours. 

It was fitting to celebrate and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost, and is found.’”

Luke.15.20-24,Luke.15.31-32



 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;let them ever sing for joy,and spread your protection over them,that those who love your name may exult in you.

Ps.5.11


 I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love,because you have seen my affliction;you have known the distress of my soul, and you have not delivered me into the hand of the enemy;you have set my feet in a broad place.

Ps.31.7-8


 The light of the eyes rejoices the heart,and good news refreshes the bones. 

The ear that listens to life-giving reproof will dwell among the wise. 

Whoever ignores instruction despises himself,but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence. 

The fear of the Lord is instruction in wisdom,and humility comes before honor.

Prov.15.30-33


The lost sheep…..


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjpxwN4dfM

No comments:

Post a Comment