Saturday, May 25, 2024

Leaden legs….

 


Leaden legs…


One of the side effects of the chemotherapy that I am taking is leaden legs….the feeling and reality that your legs weigh very heavy….it’s like taking steps in thigh high mud…each step is a like pulling your leg out of the mud and the placing it forward…it hit big time this past week…not sure if it will continue, grow worse, recede, stay the same…we’ll see….


Talking to one of my cancer “team”, they encouraged continued walking, not giving up, many shorter walks…and after years of walking and after a year of gaining strength after hip replacement…I still want to maintain some level of walking…sooooo very thankful that the hip replacement surgery was done before finding the cancer…


But, “walking “ isn’t just about the physical act of walking….it is so much more….it is the way we think, what we do, what our lives reflect…and as important as the physical walking , spiritual walking has eternal value…to ourselves and to those around us…


And as much I as want to maintain my physical walking for bodily health and well-being, I want my walk with God to be foremost…..worthy of His calling….


Thank YOU….


 You shall walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live, and that it may go well with you, and that you may live long in the land that you shall possess.

Deut.5.33


 “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul,

Deut.10.12


 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,for I have put my trust in you.Show me the way I should go,for to you I entrust my life.

Ps.143.8


 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

Isa.30.21


 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;they shall mount up with wings like eagles;they shall run and not be weary;they shall walk and not faint.

Isa.40.31


 And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Col.1.9-10


Walk with me, Lord….


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmaZLhaPMgQ

No comments:

Post a Comment