Monday, May 6, 2024

Red River valley….

 Red River Valley….


I have two grandchildren expecting their first  babies this year…I didn’t think I was old enough to have great grandchildren…but apparently it is true…where did time go? They were little children not too long ago…a handbreadth away…

My father loved holding bodies as did my husband and then my sons…

My husband would rock our children singing, “Red River Valley”, probably from hearing it as he grew up listening to vinyl recordings by Eddie Arnold,  country western singer…as did I…I can picture him either sitting in our one rocking chair patting one child after another rocking them tosleep or soothing them from one thing or another, humming that tune…or pacing the floor back and forth, again patting their little backs, humming…
What days not so long ago….

And now one of my sons gets the chance to do that for his grandchildren…

As time marches on…another generation to cuddle, pass down to, share with…to train…what a delight…what a responsibility...what a privilege…


 “Show me, Lord, my life’s end-and the number of my days;let me know how fleeting my life is. You have made my days a mere handbreadth;the span of my years is as nothing before you.Everyone is but a breath,even those who seem secure.
Ps.39.4,Ps.39.5

 Come, O children, listen to me;I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
Ps.34.11

 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
Deut.6.5-7


Red River Valley….


Doxology….

No comments:

Post a Comment