Monday, May 29, 2023

Thinning again…

 Thinning again….


I think every blossom on my peach and nectarine trees was pollinated…they are almost like limbs of grapes…I made myself a little bucket so I can hold it while I am thinning out the fruit, when that is full, I have stood enough ….filling it 2-3 times a day and I haven’t finished one tree, yet…the website information about  thinning the fruit says, only leave fruit every 6-8 inches…the limbs are already staring to droop with the thumbnail sized fruit as they are so thick…it is hard to do, no physically, but I feel like I am wasting so much fruit! …but, the fruit left will be so much better and I may not lose whole branches from too much weight later on…


As we are reading Jerry Bridges’ book on “The Practice of Godliness” in our Women’s Bible Study I thought about this thinning process…


My tree had a winter’s dormancy, then blossomed with new life…then it was pollinated to produce fruit…but, the tree itself doesn’t eliminate the extra…someone has to come along and help it get rid of the excess…to produce the better fruit…


Just like we people…we live in darkness until we accept Jesus as our Savior…the Holy Spirit, our helper, then indwells us, producing fruit…and helps eliminate the excess stuff we don’t need…so that we are transformed…better and more fruit, alive in Christ…


I am in no way trying to simplify the growth process of our Christian lives…the growth process can be pretty painful…pruning and thinning…But God has an order, picture of each detail of life..he isn’t the author of confusion…He has a plan…and He gives us the Holy Spirit to teach, convict, lean into,for needed 

change…developing Godlike character…


And like my trees, I have dormant times, but deep down I am growing …there maybe times of unfruitfulness, as I struggle with pruning or leave behind the Word…choices I make …but am drawn back by the wooing of the everlasting Word…to the the Joy of my salvation…

Thank YOU…


 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,and uphold me with a willing spirit.

Ps.51.12


I am severely afflicted;give me life, O Lord, according to your word!

Ps.119:107


 Though the fig tree should not blossom,

nor fruit be on the vines,

the produce of the olive failand the fields yield no food,

the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord;

I will take joy in the God of my salvation. 

God, the Lord, is my strength;he makes my feet like the deer's;

he makes me tread on my high places.

Hab.3.17-19a


 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. (These are the things we need thinned out)

I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.(these are the things that need to grow)

Gal.5.1924


 Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

Col.2.6-7


Everyday…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMmaihfjg-A


 





No comments:

Post a Comment