Monday, May 8, 2023

Light bulbs…

 Light bulbs….


When I was teaching, facilitating, whether Home Ec , Bible studies, my children, whatever, whomever, my desire was to see “ light bulbs”…by this I mean that suddenly it was clear and they were getting it…and they would take off from there…with understanding…to explore and dig deeper…if I could just point the way, steer in the right direction…


A great educator once said, “ my goal is to decrease, while my students increase “…


I thought of these words reading through the last chapters of Jesus’ life…after his resurrection, before his ascension…the thrill of seeing Jesus, the understanding/dawning of what was happening…their eyes , hearts were opened…this was the risen, promised Lord…if they still doubted before, now they knew…


And Jesus speaks of those coming who haven’t seen, but will still believe…us…and the generations between then and now…we are “blessed”…


Thank YOU…


 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”

Matt.28.9-10


 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him…

Luke.24.31a


 Jesus said to her, “Mary.”She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”). 

Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” 

And she told them that he had said these things to her. 

After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. 


The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord. 


So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.” 

Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” 

Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!” Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

John.20.16, 18, 20, 25, 27-29


We believe….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbd914aiEZ4

No comments:

Post a Comment