Wednesday, May 24, 2023

The Word to the five thousand…

 


 The Word to the five thousand…


Well, this wedding is over…the myriad of details carried out by so many people have come to fruition, been executed….and clean up is almost finished….

The various meals have been consumed ( the feeding of the five thousand)… now life goes on, but there is a change…in relationships, new ones added to the fold…


Jesus fed the five thousand with food….as well as his Word…

In the book of Acts, Peter and John speak to the people about Jesus and his resurrection, adding five thousand believers…their food was the Word, not food…a new relationship…

They offered the “bread of life” rather than a meal of food…


That offer still stands to this day…


Thank YOU….

 


And as they were speaking to the people, the priests and the captain of the temple and the Sadducees came upon them, greatly annoyed because they were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection from the dead. And they arrested them and put them in custody until the next day, for it was already evening. But many of those who had heard the word believed, and the number of the men came to about five thousand.

Acts.4.1-4


….I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my portion of food.

Job.23.12b


 Now when Jesus heard this, he withdrew from there in a boat to a desolate place by himself. 

But when the crowds heard it, they followed him on foot from the towns. 

When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick. 

Now when it was evening, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a desolate place, and the day is now over; send the crowds away to go into the villages and buy food for themselves.” But Jesus said, “They need not go away; you give them something to eat.” 

They said to him, “We have only five loaves here and two fish.” 

And he said, “Bring them here to me.” 

Then he ordered the crowds to sit down on the grass, and taking the five loaves and the two fish, he looked up to heaven and said a blessing. 

Then he broke the loaves and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds. 

And they all ate and were satisfied. 

And they took up twelve baskets full of the broken pieces left over. 

And those who ate were about five thousand men, besides women and children.

Matt.14.13-21


 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

Luke.21.33


 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

John.6.63


 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. 

But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 

All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. 

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life. 

I am the bread of life. 

I am the living bread that came down from heaven. 

If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

John.6.35-37, John.6.47-48,51


Ancient Words…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouTgX9hcwk4

No comments:

Post a Comment