Saturday, May 13, 2023

New beginnings…

 New beginnings…


I cut open an apple yesterday…there in the center was the beginning of a new tree…the seed was unfolding with a new root, a tiny tree…new life…


Spring is like that…weddings are like that… babies are like that…

Something new …growing, maturing…


The book of Acts is like that…taking the life, the message of Jesus to the world…facing new decisions, dispersing the Word to the known world and beyond…dispersing people from Jerusalem to other places …


My apple slice will wither after giving new life to the little tree…the little tree can grow, bringing new fruit, new life…and the cycle goes on…


There are lots of references to “new “ in the Word…a few follow…


 He put a new song in my mouth,a hymn of praise to our God.Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.

Ps.40.3


 When the hay is removed and new growth appearsand the grass from the hills is gathered in,

Prov.27.25


 Sing to the Lord a new song,his praise from the ends of the earth,you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it,you islands, and all who live in them.

Isa.42.10a


 See, I am doing a new thing!Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

Isa.43.19


 “See, I will createnew heavens and a new earth.The former things will not be remembered,nor will they come to mind.

Isa.65.17


 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,“when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

Jer.31.31


 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning;great is your faithfulness.

Lam.3.22-23


 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

Ezek.36.26-27


 “Truly I tell you, I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”

Mark.14.25


 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

John.13.34-35


 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Eph.4.22-24


A new start….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqcIIsl5ZSY


Just a few pictures of a new walk around the block after being housebound this winter and spring…
















No comments:

Post a Comment