Sunday, July 31, 2016

A new day...l

A new day...

The sun is coming, I can see it almost peaking over the horizon...the sky has a red cast to from the smoke of fires in the valley...a new day...what will it bring...

I had just read psalm 21 and written in the margin , a "no" answer versus a "yes " answer, what is my attitude, do I still trust and claim joy?
 Right now, life seems to be on a better path the other times, am I joyful because of easier circumstances or do I get my joy from the Lord..

Psalm 21:1-13 The king rejoices in your strength, Lord.
How great is his joy in the victories you give! You have granted him his heart’s desire and have not withheld the request of his lips.
You came to greet him with rich blessings and placed a crown of pure gold on his head.
He asked you for life, and you gave it to him— length of days, for ever and ever.
Through the victories you gave, his glory is great; you have bestowed on him splendor and majesty.
Surely you have granted him unending blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence.
For the king trusts in the Lord; through the unfailing love of the Most High he will not be shaken.
Your hand will lay hold on all your enemies; your right hand will seize your foes.
When you appear for battle, you will burn them up as in a blazing furnace. The Lord will swallow them up in his wrath, and his fire will consume them. You will destroy their descendants from the earth, their posterity from mankind.
Though they plot evil against you and devise wicked schemes, they cannot succeed.
You will make them turn their backs when you aim at them with drawn bow. Be exalted in your strength, Lord; we will sing and praise your might.


Then I opened this short video, "a new day" and was blessed again by its beauty and words of encouragement...just as I had been by the psalm...what will I do with this new day?  Will I look for joy or not, beauty or not...or will I feel as David wrote in psalm 22, " my God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"  From the highs to the lows...help my trust through it all...

http://www.coolestone.com/media/15168/A-New-Day-(Ernesto-Cortazar)/#.V53ynJBHaK1

Thank YOU for is new day...let me be a blessing to those around me...as You have blessed me...in all circumstances.....

No comments:

Post a Comment