Thursday, July 14, 2016

The pit....

The pit...

I walked across the yard intending to pick up a pair of forgotten gloves lying in the ground. All of sudden the ground gives way and opens up into pit, with the side quickly caving in, my feet are  slightly settled on a narrow ledge.i call for help, a board or pole or something the lay across the top and hang in to while someone calls for help to get out of the abyss which is slowly eroding underneath my feet and as I feel myself sliding downward...downward toward the blackness below....

I wake with a start...my early morning jolt... I didn't get back to sleep. Why in the world did I dream of this?  Maybe just to write about it. Will be tired  later today...but the jolt was rude awakening for sure ......

Joseph was thrown into a pit by his brothers for jealousy....Daniel was let down in the pit with the lions for  jealousy as well...The earth opened up in the wilderness and a whole family was devoured for disobedience...

This morning after awakening from my dream, I thought of the psalms about the pit...

Psalm 30:2-5 Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me. 
You, Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead; you spared me from going down to the pit. 
Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people; praise his holy name. 
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. 

Psalm 40:2-3 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him. 

Psalm 69:15-18 Do not let the floodwaters engulf me or the depths swallow me up or the pit close its mouth over me. 
Answer me, Lord, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me. 
Do not hide your face from your servant; answer me quickly, for I am in trouble. Come near and rescue me; deliver me because of my foes. 

Psalm 103:2-5 Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. 

I away from home this week, working on my husband's business concerns and I feel way in over my head and overwhelmed by the heritage he left, but this is not  my comfort zone to say the least... He knew this stuff backwards and forwards until right before he died...it was his language...a foreign one to me...I knew about it, but not the nitty-gritty on the paperwork, the deadlines, the nuances of the legalities, the dog eat dog world, the scrambling for the market place....he loved it, My family and I benefitted from it...but, I find myself slowly descending into that pit with little to hang on to... On the other hand, We have been so blessed by advisors who have stepped up to help us through  this process of what to do, when, how...

And more than that, God has been here with us...merciful, satisfying, loving us through the process...

Thank YOU...

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment