Monday, August 1, 2016

"From sticks to beauty ".....

"From sticks to beauty...."

All three of my kitchen window plants are "rescues". I wrote this the  other day to a friend, "found this in the trash, one day. Couldn't  pass it by. So brought it home, fed and watered it...and voila..."  All three plants happen to be blooming right now...adding beauty to my day...both in thought and array.

She wrote back,
"Just a second thought: how quick we are to toss things, people that appear to have no worth or use, or have lost their beauty for a time. We aren't willing to wait, nurture until the season for bloom returns. How wonderful that God doesn't do that to us. He knows how to wait and nurture until we bloom again. "


What a wonderful thought!!! Thank you, Carolyn...

Thank YOU for not tossing us out, but You Renew us, you plant us to  bloom wherever we are...You care and nurture us with infinite patience....


Isaiah 61:3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,
the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 51:12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Psalm 71:20 Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.

John 12:24-25 Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed.
But if it dies, it produces many seeds.
Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment