Monday, July 4, 2016

Challenges...to the end of the earth..l


Challenges...to the ends of the earth...

I just finished reading the book "Undaunted" by Christine Caine. I came away challenged, overwhelmed, and a little depressed...I know so many people who are "out there" doing myriads of things for the kingdom...visibly  working...and I admit I felt a little jealous...my role seems to be so behind the scenes and has always been..encouraging those out front, giving to those on the "battlefield", facilitating resources that God has so graciously bestowed, standing in the gap between needs and availability, listening and praying for those hurting in life...quietly, silently....in my place of service...in the place that God has placed me....

So go away, jealousy...You Have  no place here...ours is not to compare our path with another, but to enjoy my path...to be challenged in my path...making sure that my path is filled, my purpose is filled....following the lead of my Savior, who has a purpose laid out just for me...not comparing !!!

Thank YOU for searing my heart yet again from foolish thoughts, bringing friends along who speak truth..about your love and my place in your world...help me and anyone to find that path which You have prepared for us, not comparing or "shopping" around ....that perfect way... Walking worthy of the call....

Philippians 1:27a whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.

The following scriptures were sited as challenges and reminders, in "Undaunted" of who we are and more importantly whose we are...

1 John 4:11, 19 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
We love because he first loved us.

Ephesians 1:4a for he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. ..

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

1 Peter 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Luke 15

1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

John 6:28-35 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
So they asked him, “What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’” Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven.
For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” “Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Isaiah 53:4-5 Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment