Thursday, July 7, 2016

Stand firm....

Stand firm..

I was reading in Philippians this morning. The phrase "stand firm" popped out and I wondered how many times that was used..24 times in the whole Bible...mostly in the New Testament...

Jesus said in Luke 21:19 "Stand firm, and you will win life."....when speaking of the end times...
Matthew 10:22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Matthew 24:13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Mark 13:13 Everyone will hate you because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Paul, James, and Peter all spoke of standing firm...against the wiles of the world, the devil...standing firm in life...for the beliefs we hold...for the stance we take...against the flesh which wars within us...

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.

2 Corinthians 1:21, 24 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ.
He anointed us, Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work with you for your joy, because it is by faith you stand firm.

Philippians 4:1, 4, 8-9 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

1 Peter 5:8-9 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Resist  him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

I confess before all, that I do not stand firm in all that I know...I fall, I fail, I succumb to temptations...knowing that, will I fall or fail when earth shattering decisions face me..?  Will I be moved?...shaken...I want to stand firm in the little things so that I can stand firm in the big things...

Thank YOU that you stand with me, not turning away when I desperately need your help...help me stand firm in all that I know is right....in You and in Your   Strength...

No comments:

Post a Comment