Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Dear Lord....

Dear Lord...

"Dear Lord, help me find joy in each new day... Show me the path You have prepared for me..." Spoken by a woman in a recent novel... I have uttered the same over and over in days past and present...I want to find the joy in each new day...but the world clammers to be listened to...fear, joyless, worry, anxiety, disputes, wars and rumors of wars, crime, death on all levels...not joy...not release ....not smiles...grief...

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Ezra 6:22 For seven days they celebrated with joy the Festival of Unleavened Bread, because the Lord had filled them with joy by changing the attitude of the king of Assyria so that he assisted them in the work on the house of God, the God of Israel.

Nehemiah 12:43 And on that day they offered great sacrifices, rejoicing because God had given them great joy. The women and children also rejoiced. The sound of rejoicing in Jerusalem could be heard far away.

Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 19:8 The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

Psalm 30:11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

The verses go on and on...real true joy come from God...the author, the Creator...the Giver of joy...the Word...

Nothing else, no one else gives pure joy like God...

Luke 2:10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.

Thank YOU...for joy, the true joy that come from You...Jesus is our joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment