Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Truth....

Truth .....

 I was looking up the simple word, "truth" recently...
What a plethora of definitions..."relative", "factual", "firmness", "frankness", "faithfulness", constancy"... To name a few..."everyone's truth is different..."

So what do we base our truth on? We each have to make that decision, God has given us the free will to choose ...but if must be done carefully. It has an eternal consequence..."our truth or His..."

Truth is our core...the first first piece of armor, the belt that strengthens us...

These passages stood out when I was looking at the word, "truth". The WHOLE WORD is truth...but truth has much to say to each of us...Jesus is truth, He is the Word...

Thank YOU for real Truth,,not what the world gives, but what You give freely...  


Psalm 25:5 Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. 

Psalm 119----so rich with what the Word  does and our response...

Proverbs 22:17-21 Pay attention and turn your ear to the sayings of the wise; apply your heart to what I teach, 
for it is pleasing when you keep them in your heart and have all of them ready on your lips. 
So that your trust may be in the Lord,I teach you today, even you.
 Have I not written thirty sayings for you, sayings of counsel and knowledge, teaching you to be honest and to speak the truth, so that you bring back truthful reports to those you serve? 

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 

John 15:26 “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 

1 Timothy 2:3-4 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 



This passage made me stop and consider my ways...I don't want Truth to perish ...and what am I doing to prevent that?

Jeremiah 7:28 Therefore say to them, ‘This is the nation that has not obeyed the Lord its God or responded to correction. Truth has perished; it has vanished from their lips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment