Friday, January 8, 2016

Phone calls...

Phone calls...

I can think of only a handful of good early morning or late night phone calls...most have had bad news...I thought of that early this morning as the phone rang when I was just awakening...to tell me about a refrigerator delivery across the country ...(not mine)... He apologized...random...but it got my adrenaline moving...

I love the good ones....a new baby is coming, early morning birthday or Christmas wishes, just to say "I love you" calls...something good...

But, those late night ones are hard and usually sleep depriving with prayer...and maybe some tears...

I am so glad that God is always awake, always present, always listening, always available to lean into, listen, comfort, to hold...He is there for the good phone calls and the bad...He rejoices with us during the good calls and holds us when we cry through the bad.. 

Plus, He wants us to "phone" Him more often just to talk ...and listen to His words of wisdom, advice, direction... Even to thank Him for the moment...praise Him for the time...

Thank YOU for the good and bad phone calls....thank YOU that You are willing to answer/listen anytime day or night...time is not a problem for You...

Matthew 28:20b  .....And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” 

Psalm 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but you?And earth has nothing I desire besides you. 
My flesh and my heart may fail,but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 

John 14:18, 27 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment