Friday, January 29, 2016

Body language ....

Body language ....

There are a lot of homeless people standing at various intersections where I live. Their body language is one of a downtrodden, hopeless person, holding signs asking for food, money, handouts..you rarely see one, standing tall,with confidence... Instead they are sitting, bent, forlorn,molding their particular sign..
As contrasted to a meeting of business persons, who walk around with straight posture, exuding confidence, looking polished..

Or a room full of seniors, some bent with age, others sitting tall, posture erect...

Riding public transportation, one views all the above or other hunched over their device, bent back, crouched ready to exit as soon as possible...with no eye contact with anyone...

Or a toddler, one of my grandsons, getting his hat from a bin, bringing it to his mother and then bends over waiting for her to put his hat on....this means in his body language, " let's go outside"...pointing to the door...

Or the teenager, proudly displaying "keys".. Letting the world know that he can drive, now..not  a word needs to be spoken because of that smile or gesture...

Crossed arms can mean one is closed off to another or we are just cold...as opposed to uncrossed, which may mean, "I receive you or your words"..

Hugs, a hand touching another may mean, I accept you, comfort...

As I have been in a few airports lately, it has been interesting to watch people, the laid back, the impatient, the sleeping, the harried parents, the enthusiast, the lost, the relaxed, the disappointed, the tired, etc, etc, etc...body language of all colors and cultures...

There are so many descriptions of body language in the Word from the beginNing  to the end..some appropriate and other, not so...

But bowing before the Lord is found throughout...we will be and are to worship Him...no matter the posture, but at His coming...we will be bowing at His presence...and there will be no one standing, confident of our own works...He is the LORD...no doubts about it...

Thank YOU that you know me from the inside out...you know my body language, can read it..and love me...Help me to stand where I need to stand, sit when I need to sit, walk where I need to walk and bow in body and spirit when I need to do that as well...You are worthy...

Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, 

Romans 14:11 It is written:“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’” 

Genesis 24:26 Then the man bowed down and worshiped the Lord, 

Deuteronomy 4:19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 

Psalm 38:6-8 I am bowed down and brought very low; all day long I go about mourning. My back is filled with searing pain;there is no health in my body. I am feeble and utterly crushed;I groan in anguish of heart. 

Psalm 146:8 the Lord gives sight to the blind, the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down,the Lord loves the righteous. 

Luke 21:19 Stand firm, and you will win life. 

Mark 5:33 Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment