Sunday, January 24, 2016

Class reunions. ....

Class reunions...

This week I have heard that my high school reunion is coming up later this year.   But, of all things, it is for old people, those who graduated 50 years ago...I cannot believe that I am in that class...when I was young, I saw their picture in the newspaper, white haired, glasses, grandparents, retired....that was way in the future and it is now!

Then the anxieties I felt as a teenager all flooded in...the quietness, the uneasiness, the lack of confidence, self-consciousness of myself, my hair, my body type, my clothes... all the  nervousness of being a teenager struck me again...I should be over that, but it is there, lying dormant after all these years...those feelings of insecurities....

Will I go, not sure...facing fears that are 50 + years old...very little is the same, to be sure..

I was reading the Devotional "dear Jesus" this am, the author, Sarah Young, was thanking Jesus that He loved her soul...rather than her appearance or performance...which we get hung up with ...He knows our heart , and does not look on outward appearances, which the world and myself focuses on..
he knows our fears, our very beings...and helps us deal with those ...but, He really wants us to focus on Him, our life in Him, our love for Him, our peace in Him, our path that He has prepared, .....because His way is perfect...

Thank YOU, that You Are with me through all of life's events...growing older, teenage years, parenthood, widowhood...and even class reunions...insecurities...
help me be a light wherever you place me...reflecting your love...

Isaiah 54:10 Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed,yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken or my covenant of peace be removed,”says the Lord, who has compassion on you. 

Psalm 63:1-8 You, God, are my God,earnestly I seek you;I thirst for you,my whole being longs for you,in a dry and parched land where there is no water. 
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life,my lips will glorify you. 
I will praise you as long as I live,and in your name I will lift up my hands. 
I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;with singing lips my mouth will praise you. 
On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. 
I cling to you;your right hand upholds me.  

lyrics let them see you in me You Tube...

No comments:

Post a Comment