Thursday, January 21, 2016

Tightrope....

Tightrope...

As I was running errands yesterday, I drove past a park. Two young men had strung a cable between two trees and were "practicing " their tightrope maneuvers, balancing their bodies as they traversed the cable...I didn't see them fall, only walk sedately from one end to the other, with the ground five feet below...

It gave me pause to thought...am I walking a tightrope in life? With no safety net below? Or is life safe with the rope only a few feet off the ground? What is my safety net?

Then as I turned to Jesus Calling this morning, it asked the same question...as a Christ Follower, my safety net is in the Everlasting Father..as I step out in faith, He is there, holding my hand, ....if I fall, I fall into His arms....my balancing act is between Him and the world...which would I rather put my faith in...

Stepping into each day, whom do I trust? Each decision, who is my helper/ counselor ? Who gives me balance? Who catches me when I fall?
Who is my safety net?

Thank YOU for holding me  through the tightropes of life...the balancing acts we are thrown into in this world...

Deuteronomy 33:27a The eternal God is your refuge,and underneath are the everlasting arms.....

Deuteronomy 33:29b He is your shield and helper.....

Psalm 15:1-5 Lord, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
Who may live on your holy mountain? 
The one whose walk is blameless,who does what is righteous,who speaks the truth from their heart; 
whose tongue utters no slander,who does no wrong to a neighbor,and casts no slur on others; who despises a vile person but honors those who fear the Lord;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,and does not change their mind; who lends money to the poor without interest;
who does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
Whoever does these things will never be shaken. 

Romans 8:39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 


No comments:

Post a Comment