Saturday, January 30, 2016

Put your worries in God's hands...

Put worries in God's hands...

Four years ago, I opened this portion of the Jesus calls book, I had had a night filled with bad dreams, sleeplessness, headaches, swirling thoughts...I was the 24 hour care giver for my terminally ill husband, and I was in way over my head...but God was there every step of the way, through the lifting, the continual laundry, the hand feeding, the falling, the visitors, the slowly leaving of my husband....
My question after reading this ...."where are we going ????" It was a new path...one which we have never tried before..and the path wasn't very visible..and it sure wasn't on "my" map...

Our family went down the path and now we are still on new paths...each day brings with it new hope, new worries and anxieties...new drama .... I still deal with sleeplessness, swirling thoughts over different issues, and I  am still working on taking a problem directly to God instead of stopping over are the "worry" seat...where I sit  and figure out all consequences, all the whys and wherefores...I want that direct handoff..from the problem to the Burden Carrier...asking for His wisdom and care...I take on too many things, that are just not mine...

God helped us through the biggest hard event in my life, I have to believe He will help through each of the others...I want to be steadfast, unshaken,  and trusting...

thank YOU for reminding me once again of Your trustworthiness...your ever maturing plans for my life... 

Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the Lord And he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. 

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 

"Jesus calls-
Worship Me only. Whatever occupies your mind the most becomes your idol. Worries, if indulged, develop into idols. Anxiety gains a life of its own, parasitically infesting your mind. Break free from this bondage by affirming you trust in Me and refreshing yourself in My presence. What goes on in your mind is invisible, undetectable to other people. But I read your thoughts continually searching for evidence of trust in ME. I rejoice when your mind turns toward Me. Guard your thoughts diligently; good thought-choices will keep you close to me..

Psalm 112:7 They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord. 

 1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. "

No comments:

Post a Comment