Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Adoption...

Adoption....

I have two birth children and two adopted children...although I rarely think of my adopted children as adopted except when the subject comes up...they have been loved as soon as I knew about them just as the birth ones were...

When one asked how I felt when he was in my tummy, I thought, "how did he feel?" And then realized he wasn't...they all have been in my heart from the beginning...the miscarried ones as well...I mourned over each loss....emotionally and physically.....

When we had foster children, it was the same way...they were part of our family, part of our hearts and we missed them when they moved on to adoptive homes, back to parents or relatives...even though we wished them well, it was hard to give them up...until we just couldn't do it anymore...

Being around adoptive children again and hearing their stories of family or lack thereof opens my thankful heart for the family God gave me and the families that have adopted others....

I realize that not all adoptions are great, but I would guess that the vast majority are good for all...there are the emotional issues to deal with in all families...there seems to be a lot of love around, pride and joy in all of our children...

I love all of my children, no matter who delivered them...they are part of my heart and soul...

But, I thank God more that I am part of His family as well and that He has chosen me to be his daughter...and all of my children have made that decision to become part of that eternal family...plus, I have the opportunity to see my grandchildren make that eternal choice....

thank YOU for Your adoption into the family of God...


Acts 7:21 and when he was exposed, Pharaoh's daughter adopted him and brought him up as her own son.

Romans 8:15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

Romans 8:23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

Romans 9:4 They are Israelites, and to them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises.

Galatians 4:5 to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.

Ephesians 1:5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

http://adoptionnetwork.com/adoptiveparents/success-stories.html?type=success&start=1

No comments:

Post a Comment