Sunday, October 5, 2014

I am thirsty....

I  am thirsty....

John 19:28  Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.”

Here was the
-creator/giver of water...
-maker of so much water that the earth was covered as never before...
-parter of water at the Red Sea and the Jordan..
-supplier of water out of a rock...
-maker of rain...
-winemaker of water....
-walker on water...
-claimer of everlasting water to the Samartian  woman...
-washer of feet...

So many references of water...for one who created it and used it.....

John 13: 5 After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

And then to say "I am thirsty " in his humanness...from the cross and to be given sour wine vinegar as a thirst quencher... A cheap wine that the Roman soldiers drank while waiting for the eminent deaths ....he who made the best wine out of water.....He who took on the world of sin in those hours of death...

Water is our lifeblood..we are made  up of water. We are need water to survive ...water changes lives, communities, regions...it is the biggest changer of landscape...wearing down mountains, rocks...rivers, .....wells are life givers to cultures...we need it for pure survival ....

I once met a young woman in China who bought her water buy the liter....she used at least four times before she let it finally drain away... It was precious to her in many creative ways...

 "I am thirsty....." each of us is thirsty both physically and spiritually...for life giving water...we die with out it...

Thank you for life giving water...both physically and spiritually .....it hurts to know that Christ, hanging on the cross, had to ask for it...and only received vinegar...when He was the living Water.....

John 4:14
but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Genesis 6:17 For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die.

Psalm 1:3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.

Psalm 63:1 [ My Soul Thirsts for You ] [ A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. ] O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Psalm 65:9 You visit the earth and water it; you greatly enrich it; the river of God is full of water; you provide their grain, for so you have prepared it.

Psalm 105:41 He opened the rock, and water gushed out; it flowed through the desert like a river.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

John 7:37 [ Rivers of Living Water ] On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”



No comments:

Post a Comment