Sunday, October 26, 2014

Things seem to add up.....my pity parties...

Things seem to add up...my pity parties....

First, it was the "bucket List"...lost dreams...new dreams
Then, the trip to Jawbone...memories ....new memories
-My father's birthday...loss...
-Lessons on gifting and stepping out in God's plan...
-the question, "who am I"....why?
-the songs in the car in sweet succession..." Here's my heart, Lord, speak what is true", "blessings", " I have surrendered to Your design", "be multiplied","you are an overcomer"

It seems there is a pattern .....have you ever looked back on days, weeks, subjects, circumstances and asked, "what are You trying to tell me, Lord?"...

This has happened innumerable times over my life....my family's life...things pointing in certain direction, life style, lessons learned or to learn...sometimes in preparation for events to come or lessons to share...

I will admit that there are times, I don't want the lessons...they can be tough, overwhelming...but God whispers in His strength, His words of encouragement, His love....there are tears, forgiveness, surrender...and we are back on track...

Someone once said, "the deeper the lesson, the deeper the message".....it may not go my way, but it mostly certainly will be God's best way....

Thank YOU for your constant vigilance in my life...those constant lessons, that constant strength from which to draw upon...help me to draw on it and not be overwhelmed by the lessons of life...to go deeper into You....

Psalm 40:1-3New International Version (NIV)
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
    and put their trust in him.

Psalm 103:3-5New International Version (NIV)
3 who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Ephesians 3:16-17New International Version (NIV)
16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,

Philippians 4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Colossians 1:10-12New International Version (NIV)
10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified youto share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.

Colossians 2:6-8New International Version (NIV)
Spiritual Fullness in Christ
6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces[a] of this world rather than on Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment