Thursday, October 2, 2014

Ebb and flow...

Ebb and flow.....

We used to have a huge book that extended out into a timeline that started with Adam and Eve, through the many civilizations to the present..the writing was minute, with the pages filled with many tiny picture portrayals of multitude of cultures, countries, people who have been involved with historical changes through time....it was interesting to peruse following and comparing what happened simultaneously around the world at different times and how one move may have caused changes in other places...

We are but a pin dot on that time line....

This year has been interesting to visit with different Christian organizations which were started in the last 50 years, seeing their timelines, how they are facing changes, personnel, new technology, maybe new vision, and hopefully new staff...will some organizations die to be resurrected with renewed energy....will some continue exactly the same....will some hopefully mentor the next generation to carry on....will some change direction.....or all of the above...yes, hopefully, with God's leading hand....the "old guard" is aging....are they letting the next generation take some of the reins of leadership....or are they holding fast....is there a ceiling which holds the next generation down or open doors.....

Time continues on until God decides differently...just as the waves continue ashore, some with crashing force, others smoothly, silently sliding onto the sand...some changing sand quickly, others not....the shoreline pounded fiercely or with rhythmic ebb and  flow.

Timelines.....how am I mentoring....am I holding my children and theirs down or letting the reins fall into their hands...will the transition crash or move with some order.....am I humble or open enough to let go?...

Thank YOU for time....help me to use it wisely, going in the direction You lead...

Psalm 69:13 But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness.

Psalm 71:9 Do not cast me off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength is spent.

Psalm 75:2 “At the set time that I appoint I will judge with equity.

Psalm 77:8 Has his steadfast love forever ceased? Are his promises at an end for all time?

Psalm 89:47 Remember how short my time is! For what vanity you have created all the children of man!

Psalm 104:19 He made the moon to mark the seasons; the sun knows its time for setting.

Ecclesiastes 8:5 Whoever keeps a command will know no evil thing, and the wise heart will know the proper time and the just way.

No comments:

Post a Comment