Saturday, October 25, 2014

Voices....

Many voices.....

I was going hither and yon....following a list of things "to do"...first here and then there....just one of those days....exercise, groceries, post office, notary....etc....

At exercise, there were two classes go on, conversations all around, and music playing....voices all around and I had a hard time following the one voice that I was supposed to and it happened to be the quietest...so really had to concentrate to hear that one small voice.....

Then to the big box store....carts, scrambling to the various aisles, weaving in and out...almost need traffic lights to get around.....demonstrators selling their goods...restaurant owners with their huge carts, kids running in and out of the lines....I am watching my list...my small voice of reason...

Then off again, through the rain, to another and yet another business....the radio broadcasting its news...

Busyness and voices all around...pounding of rain....focus...or lack there of...a whirlwind of life picking up here and there...rearranging ....days..weeks..months ...moments...thoughts...all the while trying to listen to that one important  voice in the quietness of my soul ....the right decisions, the right way....

I want to listen to God's voice in the inner chamber of my heart and soul....but sometimes the distractions of the world close in, trying to drown it out...I meant the eternal voice to direct, not the temporal...I want the meaningful, not the meaningless...

Thank YOU, that you speak to our hearts. minds even in the busyness of life.  You are always there guiding with Your words if wisdom, encouragement, love....help me to listen to your words and not the worlds....

Numbers 7:89 When Moses entered the tent of meeting to speak with the Lord, he heard the voice speaking to him from between the two cherubim above the atonement cover on the ark of the covenant law. In this way the Lord spoke to him.

1 Kings 19:12
After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

Psalm 49:3 My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the meditation of my heart will give you understanding.

Psalm 50:7 “Listen, my people, and I will speak; I will testify against you, Israel: I am God, your God.

Proverbs 6:22 When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you.

John 3:34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

John 4:26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:19-20 NIV

1 Peter 4:11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

1 John 4:5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment