Monday, October 13, 2014

Griefshare....

Griefshare.....

Tonight starts a new session of Griefshare at church......another woman and I are facilitating the  group this time....having Attended two times in the past, I know the questions, the DVDs, the workbook, etc...but the heart and soul reactions still come at different times in different ways...

The books cover  loss of a spouse, parents, children due to age, suicide, illness...so there are a lot of emotions from the participants...sometimes surprising, sometimes not so much ....we can sit and cry with one another, be angry, be open, laugh, be accepted, be real about our grief....and find a way to heal from it.....it never really goes away, but with time it lightens...going from a roar to a whisper...not consuming every moment but letting life shine in again...

God is the healer....He is the helper.....He is the merciful....He is compassionate...He is the joy giver....bringing sunshine after the rain....

So we are servants, pointing the way, letting God do the true work in each heart...healing, helping, loving.....thank YOU for the opportunity ....

Nehemiah 8:10b Nehemiah said, “.....Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

Job 17:7 My eyes have grown dim with grief; my whole frame is but a shadow.

Psalm 10:14 But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted; you consider their grief and take it in hand. The victims commit themselves to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.

Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 30:11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

Psalm 31:9 Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief.

Psalm 35:14 I went about mourning as though for my friend or brother. I bowed my head in grief as though weeping for my mother.

Psalm 88:9 my eyes are dim with grief. I call to you, Lord, every day; I spread out my hands to you.

Proverbs 14:13 Even in laughter the heart may ache, and rejoicing may end in grief.

Ecclesiastes 1:18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.

Ecclesiastes 2:23 All their days their work is grief and pain; even at night their minds do not rest. This too is meaningless.

Lamentations 3:32 Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.

Lamentations 3:33 For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone.

Lamentations 3:51 What I see brings grief to my soul because of all the women of my city.

Ezekiel 21:6 “Therefore groan, son of man! Groan before them with broken heart and bitter grief.

Matthew 17:23 They will kill him, and on the third day he will be raised to life.” And the disciples were filled with grief.

John 16:16 [ The Disciples’ Grief Will Turn to Joy ] Jesus went on to say, “In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me.”

John 16:20 Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.

John 16:22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment