Thursday, October 9, 2014

What are you doing here?....

What are you doing here?

No time for ruts......
Path. The path is made by  walking....

This weekend the pastor was speaking about ruts....

After being on a three week hiatus around various other Christians, and Christian organizations....it was an appropriate topic for my heart....am I in a rut?? I am still  asking the question, "what am I going to do when I grow up?" What are my dreams, aspirations, use of gifting.....what is my purpose?....how am I using my gifting to bless others...to glorify God? Am I willing to be flexible and change paths because the Holy Spirit is nudging me in another direction?

God seemingly changed Paul's path from one direction to another, Jacob's path as well...

When we were down to the last few weeks of my husbands life, I was desperately looking at alternative help..our children were in and out tired of the traveling, I was exhausted....my husband's doctor came in and  merely said, why didn't we move out of town closer to them instead of looking locally? We were so close to the forest we couldn't see the trees, couldn't think out of our little box...changed routes, paths, perspective .....that idea could only be executed that one weekend...when we all had the strength to do it...friends helped us pack a truck, we said our goodbyes and off we went...closer to family .....a much better solution than what we had...a mighty change of direction...

There are times I question change .....I willingly admit that...I like my ruts...but there are times to get out of them as The Lord leads...I didn't want to be widow, moving to a new town, starting all over again...no ruts here...but that is what happened...so establishing a new path,...listening...waiting ..

Thank YOU for new paths, even when I can see them, their direction..

Mark twain...explore, dream, discover...

Acts 16:6 Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia.  7 When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to.  8 So they passed by Mysia and went down to Troas.  9 During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.”  10 After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.

Life application notes-16:7-9 The “Spirit of Jesus” is another name for the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit had closed the door twice for Paul, so Paul must have wondered which geographical direction to take in spreading the Good News. Then, in a vision (16:9), Paul was given definite direction, and he and his companions obediently traveled into Macedonia. The Holy Spirit guides us to the right places, but he also guides us away from the wrong places. As we seek God’s will, we need to know what God wants us to do and where he wants us to go, but we also need to know what God does not want us to do and where he does not want us to go.

Genesis 46:3-4New International Version (NIV)
3 “I am God, the God of your father,” he said. “Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there. 4 I will go down to Egypt with you, and I will surely bring you back again. And Joseph’s own hand will close your eyes.”


No comments:

Post a Comment