Friday, October 13, 2023

Stories…

 Stories….


One of my grandfathers was a story teller….as was my father…

We could listen by the hour to their stories…laughing until our cheeks hurt, as my dad cried because he was laughing so much…


My husband and one of his brothers told numerous stories as well during the last days of his life…we laughed with them as well…


They were eye witnesses to things the rest of us hadn’t seen…there were serious stories, mischievous stories, everyday life stories…


Some we have pictures of, some got written down, others are in our memory banks…

One of my uncles wrote a book of his life with his daughter’s help…another cousin with the help of my grandfather’s journals wrote about my grandfather’s life and the history of the area they settled as a young couple…one daughter wrote her observations of living in Mongolia for 5 years…another captures people in creative photography…I wrote a book about grief from my perspective and devotional blog for ten years……legacies…firsthand accounts….


Everyone has a story to tell and pass on…some write it, some photograph it, some tell it…

I wish from the amount of people I am in contact with, that many would write it…God’s faithfulness…our failures, triumphs, lessons we have learned…there is so much we could learn from others and their stories…


Reading 2 Peter again, he wants to convey and refresh their memories as “long as as I live in the tent of this body”…his eye witness account of seeing Jesus Glorified…to emphasize that they    have the prophetic message, spoken through prophets by God …

We, now, didn’t see it, but we, too, have the Word spoken by God through various men…

The Word which has passed the test of time, through the ages…has lived and continues to live in the hearts of people…continues the spread throughout the world…no has been able to suppress it…God is not suppressed…


Thank YOU…


 So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. 

And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things. 

For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we told you about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 

He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” 

We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain. We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 

Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 

For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

2Pet.1.12-21


 Peter said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!” 

Suddenly, when they looked around, they no longer saw anyone with them except Jesus.

Mark.9.5,Mark.9.7-8


 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2Tim.3.16-17


 A mighty fortress…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XUYZoguhEQ&t=4s 

No comments:

Post a Comment