Saturday, October 28, 2023

Building…

 



Building…


My parents dream was to build a house some day…and they finally were able to accomplish that through a lot of hard work and sacrifice…nothing fancy…but their very own design…when I was in high school…


My husband and I had the same dream…and actually got to do it twice…nothing fancy…but ours…


They all still stand and are lived in…only by others, now…


Reading Hebrews 3 this am, I was struck by the phases

“Every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything…”, “we are his house”…


Add Peter’s statement…  “you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”

1Pet.2.5


And then going back to Solomon’s words of wisdom… 

“By wisdom a house is built,and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.”

Prov.24.3-4


Our earthly houses are built with manmade plans, sticks and stones…and a lot of “sweat equity”…and man’s made currency…


God’s are built for eternity, a firm foundation, paid for with a price of Christ’s sacrifice…filled with rare and beautiful treasures…


We are Christ’s house…hard to fathom…but he put planning into us as well, prays for us, loves us, builds us, and gives us hope…each day/ event is another part of our building process, our maturing…our transformation…


What a Builder…

Thank YOU…


 Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.

Heb.3.3-4,6


 For you created my inmost being;you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful,I know that full well. 

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place,when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 

Your eyes saw my unformed body;all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Ps.139.13-16


Lord, transform me…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsdMSPNjgBI


 

No comments:

Post a Comment