Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Thoughts…

 Thoughts…


Years and years ago, when one of my children had just turned two, we were with a group of people whose children were like in ages…

My child had yet to throw one of those embarrassing, awful, “I want my way” “terrible twos” tantrums…, but at this gathering another child proceeded to act out full blown tantrum…I watched the poor mother try to placate, admonish and love their way through it, finally giving in to the child…but, I also watched my child observe-I could almost hear the wheels turning , eyes taking in the whole episode, carefully entering this piece of information into their brain, saying , “ Hummmm, they get their way by doing this …”


I wondered when and how would come of this event…their thoughts were so evident…


Within a week, that bit of information came out and was tried in our home…almost an exact replication of the first…”I want my way or else” attitude…when the result was significantly different, it wasn’t repeated…


I will most definitely say, I am not a mind reader…but, God is…


Reading in the gospels, the writers repeatedly say, “Jesus, knowing their thoughts…” He was Jesus, after all…their Creator…


David writes…

 the Lord—knows the thoughts of man,that they are but a breath.

Ps.94.11


 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;you discern my thoughts from afar. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!How vast is the sum of them! Search me, O God, and know my heart!Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me,and lead me in the way everlasting!

Ps.139.2,Ps.139.17,Ps.139.23-24


Solomon writes…

 The thoughts of the righteous are just;the counsels of the wicked are deceitful.

Prov.12.5


 Even in your thoughts, do not curse the king,nor in your bedroom curse the rich,for a bird of the air will carry your voice,or some winged creature tell the matter.

Eccl.10.20


Isaiah writes…

 For my thoughts are not your thoughts,neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,so are my ways higher than your waysand my thoughts than your thoughts. 

“For as the rain and the snow come down from heavenand do not return there but water the earth,making it bring forth and sprout,giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;it shall not return to me empty,but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

Isa.55.811


Luke writes..as well Mark, Matthew and John…

 But he knew their thoughts, and he said to the man with the withered hand, “Come and stand here.” And he rose and stood there.

Luke.6.8


Paul writes..

 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? 

So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 

Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. 

And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

1Cor.2.11-13


 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Heb.4.12-13


But, they are all God breathed to us that we may know…

God knows our thoughts all the time, be they evil or good…He discerns …

Knowing that, convicts me especially to keep my thoughts on good..thinking on good…


Thank YOU…


 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Phil.4.8-9


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_m_0V8KTKo

No comments:

Post a Comment