Tuesday, January 3, 2023

January 3…trust to the ends of the earth…and near…

 January 3…trust to the ends of the earth….and near…


Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,

and do not lean on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge him,

and he will make straight your paths…


This past year, a friend and I were able to attend two back to back conferences in Phoenix and Santa Barbara for two different Christian organizations…both reaching the world with God’s Word…they do it differently, but the goal is the same…reaching people groups  to the ends of the earth with the Gospel of Jesus Christ…


This morning, I was watching a short video about another group just finishing the 2000th language group in another spoken translation of the Word…


There are times, like this past year of back pain and not feeling  well, that I tend to isolate…I don’t have the energy to do much, missing church and Its activities, family things, friend things, community events…my picture of that is this tiny lonely pinhead on a world map, in the midst of millions and billions of other people going about their business and activities…


We may be those tiny single pins on the world map, but the care and love that Jesus has for each of us is the same…He wants our trust, our love….He is reaching to the ends of the earth with his 

Word through various means, finding the lost and forgotten, the sick and the poor, the tired and the discouraged, the hidden and the war ravaged…the all,  who want to find Him…the know Him…


I wasn’t forgotten in my pain, isolation…God has been near through it all…He has provided a way to still take part when I can…I can still trust Him as can those millions around the world…I have his Word, both written and spoken…I have His presence…as do they when they seek Him…we have a commonality…we are brothers and sisters in Christ…and that family is growing…

Thank YOU…


No comments:

Post a Comment