Sunday, January 22, 2023

Favorite verses…

 Favorite verses…

 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.

Matt.7.7-8

These were two of my husband’s favorite Bible verses…when we repainted our bedroom years ago, I had this stenciled above the alcove of windows in our bedroom…we saw it first thing when awaking in the morning and last thing when we went to sleep at night…

Stenciling has gone out of vogue a bit and we don’t see it as often as we did…but the Words written there will never be outdated…

I thought it a contrast when in the book of Revelations…Jesus is the one knocking …waiting for us to let Him in…where as in Matthew he promises to open the door…when we ask…no hesitations…He is waiting for us…to fellowship with us…



Thank YOU…


 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Rev.3.20


 One thing have I asked of the Lord,that will I seek after:that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.

Ps.27.4


 And those who know your name put their trust in you,for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.

Ps.9.10


 You have said, “Seek my face.”My heart says to you,“Your face, Lord, do I seek.”

Ps.27.8


 He will cover you with his pinions,and under his wings you will find refuge;his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

Ps.91.4


 I will also speak of your testimonies before kings and shall not be put to shame, for I find my delight in your commandments,which I love. 

I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love,and I will meditate on your statutes. 

Remember your word to your servant,in which you have made me hope. 

This is my comfort in my affliction,that your promise gives me life.

Ps.119.46-50


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3vXskhI1ig

No comments:

Post a Comment