Friday, January 27, 2023

Chosen…

 Chosen….


 “Behold my servant, whom I uphold,my chosen, in whom my soul delights;

I have put my Spirit upon him;

he will bring forth justice to the nations. 

He will not cry aloud or lift up his voice,or make it heard in the street; 

a bruised reed he will not break,and a faintly burning wick he will not quench;

he will faithfully bring forth justice. 

He will not grow faint or be discouragedtill he has established justice in the earth;

 and the coastlands wait for his law.”

Isa.42.1-4 ESV


 See my servant, whom I uphold; my Chosen One in whom I delight. 

I have put my Spirit upon him; he will reveal justice to the nations of the world.  

He will be gentle—he will not shout nor quarrel in the streets.  

He will not break the bruised reed, nor quench the dimly burning flame. 

He will encourage the fainthearted, those tempted to despair. 

He will see full justice given to all who have been wronged.  

He won’t be satisfied until truth and righteousness prevail throughout the earth, nor until even distant lands beyond the seas have put their trust in him.

Isa.42.1-4TLB


This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet, Isaiah…

 “Behold, my servant whom I have chosen,my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased.

I will put my Spirit upon him,and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles. 

He will not quarrel or cry aloud,nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets; 

a bruised reed he will not break,and a smoldering wick he will not quench,until he brings justice to victory;     

and in his name the Gentiles will hope.”(in his name the nations will put their hope).

Matt.12:17-21ESV


I began this, thinking it would be about Jesus and his chosen disciples, but it was turned upon reading about the last phase in the selection…”and in his name gentiles will hope”, “in his name the nations will put their hope”, “even distant lands beyond the seas have put their trust in Him”….

Depending on the translation…

He will prevail upon the whole earth…bringing justice to victory…


The Bible continues to be the most translated and transforming book in the World..a year ago, it was estimated that the whole Bible or portions of it had been translated into 3384 languages …and still more to go…heart languages, those people speak in within  their own areas, homes is the continuous focus as it touches their personal lives…many, many organizations are continually helping get the Word out to more and more people…to the ends of the earth…


Imagine receiving a new book, and upon opening it to the first page and finding only blank page after blank page…no words written anywhere…there are people in the world who have no Bible written in their language, so their books are blank…they may be able to hear it via audio or see it via digital movies, but not read it, study it..meditate on each word…

But, even thought they may not have the written word, they still have hope in Christ…He came for the 

World…


Thank YOU…


 …I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

John.10.10b


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYu8ZyETnKo


https://www.gmrtranscription.com/blog/most-translated-books-across-world

No comments:

Post a Comment