Monday, January 30, 2023

A clear conscience…a long ago missed communion….

 


A clear conscience….a long ago missed communion…


 So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

Matt.5.23-24


The church service was starting, communion was coming…

My hands began to sweat, my heart beat faster…I was soooo troubled…

A friend and I had had words between us and I hadn’t resolved in my heart that everything was clear…I couldn’t sit there in clear conscience and partake of communion…I couldn’t offer my heart as a gift …even though we had parted on good terms, it was still wasn’t right in my spirit…apparently I still held some feelings of guilt, unforgiveness…..


So no communion for me that day…later we met and cleared up everything, going away with a lightened heart, soul and mind…we remained best of friends until her death…I still miss her laughter, encouragement, enthusiasm for life…our talks of faith and families…we could finish each other’s sentences …but I will never forget that missed communion time…hearts  have to right…


I still tear up when I hear her favorite song…

“There’s a sweet sweet spirit in this place…”


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjDk7W5jDLQ


 Have mercy on me, O God,according to your steadfast love;according to your abundant mercyblot out my transgressions. 

Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,and cleanse me from my sin! 

For I know my transgressions,and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinnedand done what is evil in your sight,so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. 

Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,and in sin did my mother conceive me. 

Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being,and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. 

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 

Let me hear joy and gladness;let the bones that you have broken rejoice. 

Hide your face from my sins,and blot out all my iniquities. 

Create in me a clean heart, O God,and renew a right spirit within me.

Ps.51.1-10


 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for you. 

Do this in remembrance of me.” 

In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. 

Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 

For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. 

Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord. 

Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 

For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself.

1Cor.11:23-29


https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-study/topical-studies/what-is-communion-and-why-is-it-celebrated-differently.html


No comments:

Post a Comment