Thursday, January 19, 2023

Kinsman-redeemer

 Kinsman redeemer…


I was reading about the woman at the well and her encounter with Jesus this am…John 4:4-42


A non-Jew, a Samaritan woman going out to get her water to supply her needs, out of the way of others…encounters Jesus who tenderly shows her the “Way”…using the illustration of living water…he knows her need, her history and confronts her with it…she runs to tell others about “This Man” who knows all things…


It made me think about Ruth in the Old Testament, going out the glean to fill her needs as well, finding fallen grain to use as food,

Boaz confronts her as well, knowing her history, and proceeds to increase her gathering, giving her life through his abundance…


Both women needed a Savior, both found favor, both were nourished by the gift given…both were Gentiles…Ruth went on to be an ancestor of David who in turn was in the family line of Jesus…both were sought out,  both were used as examples of Grace given…


We all need that grace, that unmerited favor…that nourishment that only Jesus can give…He is there to seek and save the lost, to fill with His living water…His Bread of life…


What pictures…thank YOU… 


 Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

John.4.13-14


 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

John.6.35


 On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

John.7.37-38


 Then Boaz said to Ruth, “Now, listen, my daughter, do not go to glean in another field or leave this one, but keep close to my young women. 

Let your eyes be on the field that they are reaping, and go after them. 

Have I not charged the young men not to touch you? And when you are thirsty, go to the vessels and drink what the young men have drawn.” 

Then she fell on her face, bowing to the ground, and said to him, “Why have I found favor in your eyes, that you should take notice of me, since I am a foreigner?” 

But Boaz answered her, “All that you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband has been fully told to me, and how you left your father and mother and your native land and came to a people that you did not know before. 

The Lord repay you for what you have done, and a full reward be given you by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge!” 

Then she said, “I have found favor in your eyes, my lord, for you have comforted me and spoken kindly to your servant, though I am not one of your servants.”

Ruth.2.8-13



The story of Ruth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXFdNhRy9jA


His mercy is more…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh1KDpg00x8


Fernando Ortega

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpr4dai4yAc

No comments:

Post a Comment