Sunday, May 31, 2015

Will...and special needs...

Will....and special needs...

A death sentence was given along with the promise of resurrection....Jesus talked about both in Matthew 26...showing the disciples how to remember Him...until he came again.

Matthew 26:39, 42 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

 He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.” 

Luke 22:39-44 Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. 
On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” 
He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”
 An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him.
 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. 


But, it reminded  me of families I know who have been given "special gifts", by way of special needs children...they have had to lay it out over and over again, "how do we live with this opportunity day after day...?"


I realize that the death and resurrection of Christ  are totally on a different plane than special needs children..but the parents pray the same prayer day after day as they care for and love their child..

Or is for the child or spouse of a loved one with ALS, cancer, Alzheimer's or any one  of the diseases that destroys the body and mind?  "Not my will but thine"

And many, like Jesus, have ministering Angels...strengthening them to move forward ...through anguishing times...

Thank YOU that you have a perfect will for each of us...there are times when it seems impossible to accept it, but You make a way..You sustain..You give light and life...and prayer to help us through it all...even angels to minister...

No comments:

Post a Comment