Friday, May 8, 2015

In secret....

In secret....

The sun is streaming through the windows,  lighting the darkness  after the night...the rooms brighten up. The only places that are dark are those shut away from the sunlight..closeted, shut doors...where, unless the light is turned on, remain in darkness....

But God sees even in the dark and secret places of the heart, mind and soul...He sees the prayers whispered in the secret places, the giving done in secret...the thoughts we have in secret...all the things we do...the things we may say...He is faithful and trustworthy...and fills the heavens and the earth...nothing is hidden....

That is awesome and scary in one...there is nothing we can do that He doesn't know about...nothing we can think that He doesn't know...

So my question to myself, is there anything I say or do that is dishonoring to the King of Kings..my creator, my Redeemer... Are my accounts with Him Short?  Is my conscience clear? In the light as well as the darkness? I am here to please Him....not man...

Thank YOU for bringing light to the darkness...thank You for knowing my inmost thoughts and prayers...help me to be reminded of You in all I do..say..

Matthew 6:1-6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. 
“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. 
Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. 
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. 
Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law. 

Psalm 44:21b.....since he knows the secrets of the heart....

Proverbs 11:13b?....but a trustworthy person keeps a secret. 

Jeremiah 23:24 Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?” declares the Lord.“Do not I fill heaven and earth?”declares the Lord. 

Luke 8:16-17 “No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light. 
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment