Thursday, May 14, 2015

Estate executor....

Estate executor....

I have had the privilege and pain of being the executor of two estates...a time I knew was coming years ago, but really didn't look forward to...first as i stood by and watched my parents work through their trust and second as my husband and I worked through ours...

Those years flew by, and I never really gave the trusts much
thought...although I dreaded the time when they were to be executed..that would mean my parents had passed on as well as my husband...I really didn't take them seriously...because we were going to live forever it seemed and nothing was going to change ...but it did....and not in the order that I thought it would be...life is surprising sometimes, full of changes...

When we learned that my husband had terminal cancer, we called together our lawyer and accountant and updated our paperwork, that had just been updated a few months before for the "twenty year" plan. We had cleaned it up earlier taking out all the unneeded stuff like guardians for our children who were now adults, etc...adding advisers whom we felt would be able to help our children when they executed our trust in the future. Now, we needed a plan to take care of things within a few months as well as in years to come...

I was to learn about being a steward quickly...

Then, my parents both died as well, leaving me the executor of their estate as well.  They, on the other hand, had not updated and had written notes on their paperwork...which added another layer of court documents to be done later...

It reminded me of the saying, "keep your accounts current"...that goes for trusts, bills, and conscience ....

As Christians, we are stewards as well...of the truth that is entrusted to each of us, the giftings God has bestowed...we are servants of the King ...just as an executor is a servant to the documents we are to execute ...

Solomon prayed for wisdom...an attitude that we each need as stewards of whatever God give us...


Thank YOU for Your wisdom...your trust...your empowerment...help me to do the right things in all that your give me to do...help me ...

Matthew 11:27 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 

1 Peter 4:10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 

1 Kings 3:9 So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?” 

Psalm 119:125 I am your servant; give me discernmentthat I may understand your statutes. 

Matthew 24:45-47 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 
It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 
Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 

Matthew 25:21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ 

Mark 9:35 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment