Tuesday, May 19, 2015

"Why did you doubt?"

"Why did you doubt?"

v. verb 
  • 1. To be undecided or skeptical about. began to doubt some accepted doctrines.
  • 2. To tend to disbelieve; distrust. doubts politicians when they make sweeping statements.
  • 3. To regard as unlikely. I doubt that we'll arrive on time.
n. noun 
  • 1. The state of being uncertain about the truth or reliability of something. 
  • 2. A feeling of uncertainty or distrust. had doubts about his ability.
  • 3. A point about which one is uncertain or skeptical. reassured me by answering my doubts.

I have to admit I have doubts about a variety of things, people, events, news...skepticism about the same...whom do we believe? Whom do we trust? And when things aren't going "my" way, I doubt that as well...there is so much uncertainty in the world "out there"...

But, walking on water?  How can that be! Watching all the miracles? Feeding the five thousand plus with so little? Poor Peter ...and then to go forward and watch thousands come forward in believing later on...his doubts behind him...they must have faded away...Jesus was indeed the Christ...the Son of God...

Thank YOU for confronting my doubts with truth..help my unbelief....



Matthew 14:27-36 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” 
“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” 
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. 
“You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” 
And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 
Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.” When they had crossed over, they landed at Gennesaret. And when the men of that place recognized Jesus, they sent word to all the surrounding country. People brought all their sick to him and begged him to let the sick just touch the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed. 

Acts 12:11 Then Peter came to himself and said, “Now I know without a doubt that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me from Herod’s clutches and from everything the Jewish people were hoping would happen.” 

James 1:6-8 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 
That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 
Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment