Monday, May 11, 2015

Word of God, speak...

Word of God, speak.....

word of god speak lyrics, you tube, by Mercy me...

TP,day it was raining...an unusual thing for Central Oregon...it usually cold, snowy, windy or nice...it fit my mood...
In fact, it rained as I drove the 100 plus miles to the Willamette Valley, where it is raining as well...gray, dull, overcast...even the beautiful, blooming trees and flowers are not as bright in the rain...

Three years ago, we had my husband's second memorial on this day...we were so blessed by so many coming to pay their respect and wish our family well...

Today, as I arrived in town where he is buried, I picked up flowers....red..he had to have red...and took them to the cemetery...they were brilliant against the green grass, but stood alone in the vast graveyard...it was still raining as I was as well... The song playing, " Word of God, Speak" was the last solo song I sang, another loss....but it was speaking to me again...speak God's word into my sad heart...speak hope, speak joy through the rain and tears...speak your comfort again and again as You have over and over through these last few years...speak grace..love...I need to hear it again...

Thank YOU that you do come close, hold my hand again...thank you that You comfort yet again...

Psalm 32:6-8, 10b-11 Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found; surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach them. 
You are my hiding place;you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. 
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. 
.......but the Lord’s unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him. 
Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment